Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week 2 Complete

Running has never failed to give me great end results, and that's why I keep coming back for more! ~ Sasha Azevedo

Week 2 of my 18 week training plan, Run Less Run Faster, is complete. I have to admit that even though my weekly mileage is way down, I do feel like I am making some significant improvements in the overall speed department. In addition, the cross training days are really making me focus on using different muscle groups. Here is a quick breakdown of the week that was and what is upcoming for this week.

Sunday - Off
Monday - Off
Tuesday - 2 Mile Warmup, (4) 800 meter intervals (NOT EASY) (2:58, 2:58, 2:57 and 2:55) followed by a 2 mile cool down.
Wednesday - I ended up teaching back to back Spinning Classes so I got in a good 40 miles on the bike.
Thursday - Got in a nice 3 mile warmup followed by a 5 mile Tempo run (36:47)that just about kicked my ass.
Friday - Strength Training
Saturday - 15 mile Long run completed in 1:58:36 which was about 3 and a half minutes quicker than I needed to complete it in.

So in the end I ended up running a total of 29 miles (I know, seems low but I will tell ya that none of these miles are garbage miles) and about 40 miles of biking.

Here is the schedule for week 3....

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - 2 Mile Warmup
1200 Meters @ 4:33
1000 Meters @ 3:44
800 Meters @ 2:58
600 Meters @ 2:13
400 Meters @ 1:27
2 Mile Cool down
In addition I am teaching a Spin Class on Tuesday.
Wednesday - Cross Training probably on the rowing machine
Thursday - 3 Mile Warmup
5 Mile Tempo Run @ 7:15 per mile (that would be 11 seconds quicker per mile than last weeks Tempo Run....not looking forward to this one at all.)
Friday - Cross Training in the weight room
Saturday - 17 Mile Long Run @ 8:11 per mile

Should be a fun week :)

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment