Thursday, June 2, 2011

Week 1 Day 4

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less. ~ Paul Brown

Good morning everyone! Never got to the blog last night but I never figured I would actually keep up everyday lol. Anyways, yesterdays workout was completed with no real issues. I realize now that it is going to take me a few days to get used to NOT running everyday. So yesterday was a cross training day. My plan was 20 to 25 miles on the bike and then complete my 2nd strength workout. A little background on this new training plan. It calls for 3 days per week running...2 days per week cross training and 3 strength workouts per week. I can put the strength training on basically any day I want. In addition to that, I get two complete days off per week...this is something I have almost never done! That is pretty much the plan...with the goal of running significantly faster than I have. Here are the details from yesterday.

Biked a total of 20 miles...this was the bottom end of my goal for the day, however time did not allow me to complete anything further. Still was a good 20 miles though with a ton of hills. My legs were feeling it :) Completed the 20 in 46:50

Completed my 2nd strength workout of the week as well. Yesterday I planned pretty much core and upper body. Well not pretty much...that is what I planned and that is what I did...core and upper body. Understanding that I will do my push-ups and Ab Roller every single day. Someday I will get into the absolute value of the push-up when I have more time. That seemed to go over pretty well too. No significant concerns there.

Today's workout is pretty simple. 6-7 mile Tempo Run.

2 to 3 miles Warmup
2 miles @ 6:45 per mile or better
2 miles cool down

There is no strength training today other than my push-ups and ab roller.

Yesterday I went over most of my nutritional needs for the day. I was + 192 calories, + 30 grams of fat, + 24 grams of protein. I still kept my saturated fat below my max and my carb intake was -110 grams. Today and tomorrow are going to be lower calorie days...not by much but still will be below. This is the goal of zig zagging.

That is about all for now....Have a great day everyone!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment