Thursday, June 2, 2011

Week 1 Day 5

Running is one of the best solutions to a clear mind. ~ Sasha Azevedo

I really need to get over the mental aspect of this new training plan. Run Less, Run Faster should actually be titled Run a Hell of a LOT less, Running Faster HURTS! That would be a much more appropriate title in my opinion. Today wasn't really so bad though. Other than it was already 85 degrees outside at 6:15 AM! None the less, I got through today's run. Ran a total of 6 miles. 3 miles for my warmup, 2 miles at Tempo (6:45 pace) and then a 1 mile cool down. It actually is quite nice to be able to run those miles that fast. Not fun, but nice. I just need to get past the fact that I am not going to be running a whole ton of miles this summer, unlike last summer.

Tomorrow is another cross training day. I am actually going to be teaching a Spin Class tomorrow afternoon at 4, so I am going to use that as my cross training. That should give me another 20 or so miles on the bike this week. I am also going to complete my 3rd and final strength workout for the week. I am already looking forward to Saturday's 13 miler!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment